NOVEMBER 18, 2020
MICHIGAN LONG TERM CARE OMBUDSMAN PROGRAM (MLTCOP)
Join us every Wednesday as we answer questions about COVID-19 in long term care facilities.
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic outbreak continues to evolve, it is important for the Long Term Care Ombudsman Program to continue to advocate for residents in licensed nursing homes, adult foster care, and homes for the aged more than ever. We recognize the importance of keeping family and friends informed of ever-changing guidelines. We have created weekly question and answer sessions. These sessions are designed to respond to questions being raised over the course of the week, allowing us to research and respond accordingly.
Sessions are one hour and take place every Wednesday at 6:30 pm. We encourage families and friends of residents to join the calls. If you have a specific question you would like answered, please contact us at 517-827-8010 and leave a message or send us a detailed email at MLTCOP@meji.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please be sure to visit our website at MLTCOP.org for more details about the call and for information about COVID-19 and the Ombudsman Program.
How to Join the Weekly COVID-19 Calls
To join by Zoom over the computer please click here (Ctrl+Click to follow link). To join by phone Call 1-929-205-6099. Meeting ID: 829 7146 7655# Participant ID # Password: 838159
CANCELLATION OF OUTDOOR VISITS
OCT. 19, 2020
As of 10/19/20 CCMCF Outdoor visits are cancelled until farther notice. CCMCF will continue to have Window-visits by appointment. We will keep you informed of any changes by phone, Website and/or Facebook. Thank you for your patience and co-operation.
OUTDOOR VISITS UPDATE
Sept. 28, 2020
It is with happiness that we at Cass County Medical Care Facility, announce we are able to start limited outdoor visitation following the state required restrictions on 9/28/2020. The following are requirements that must be met:
- Health evaluation of a visitor before a visit takes place to check for illness
- Hand hygiene must be performed prior to visit
- Education regarding personal protective equipment (PPE) must be completed
- Social distancing (minimum of 6 [six] feet) must be maintained
- Facial covering must be worn at all times for visit
- Visits require a facility appointed person to remain present in the visiting area
- Visits will be held outside in a designated area
The following are how the limited visits will proceed:
- Only adults (18 years old or above) will be allowed to visit
- Visit must be scheduled through Activities Department
- Visits will be limited to 2 [two] people each visit
- No one with any symptoms of illness will be allowed to visit
- Visits will be by appointment only
- Visit will be 15 minutes
- Visits start at the scheduled time
- Do not arrive early do designated visit location (if early, stay in parking lot)
- If late, there will be less time available for the visit
- Visitors are required to sign in and sign out
- No physical contact is allowed, if anyone breaks this rule future visits will be canceled
- No sharing of food or beverage
- Visitors must sign agreement contract
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Diana Masters (Activities Director) at (269) 445-3801. We are looking forward to seeing you.
Sept. 12, 2020
Gov. Whitmer has ordered facilities may permit outdoor visitation when the facility meets all of the following criteria.
- The facility has had no new COVID cases originated in the facility including these involving residents or staff (“facility-onset cases”), within the prior 14 days. Admission of a resident who is known to be COVID-19-positive at the time of admission does not constitute a facility-onset;
- The local Health Department has not made a determination that the facility is unsafe for visitation based upon local epidemiological conditions;
- The Facility is able to meet all additional requirements identified in Section 4 of this order.
At this time CCMCF can not allow any visitation due to COVID outbreak in our county as well as in our facility. CCMCF will keep you updated on our Website and Facebook. We appreciate your patience and support.